Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Spelt Flour Banana Bread


OMG. Let me just tell you ahead of time how delicious this was. I'm currently scarfing down slices of this covered in soy-free Earth Balance and couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. I got the recipe out of one of my favorite cookbooks, Vegan Yum Yum. It's definitely different from conventional banana breads I've made over the years. For one, it is more of a sweet bread than a savory bread and it has hints of cinnamon and nutmeg that make it ultra-amazing. I had extra bananas that I threw in the freezer when they started to get too ripe for me to eat and made this beautiful creation out of it!


I've long been a fan of banana bread but I have never tasted one that was so flavorful and had perfect consistency. It was crispy on the outside, soft and wonderful on the inside. This is definitely a keeper as far as recipes go.

MM MM MM.

Chelsea


1 comment:

  1. Always nice to find another Pacific North West vegan blogger.
    (Oh, and the banana bread looks great!!)

    ReplyDelete